The main Junior training sessions take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings as detailed below. However, other sessions are offered on some Saturday mornings as follows:
- Tuesday 18:30 – 19:15
Junior Endurance (7:00pm):
- Tuesday 18:30 – 19:30
- Thursday 19:00 – 20:00
Sessions start from Garscube Sport complex, Maryhill Road. Tuesday sessions focus on speed work while Thursday sessions focus on race pacing, tempo and time trials.
Saturday mornings (times will be advised in advance):
- Cross-country training (January and February) and track sessions (April and May).
The forthcoming training schedule can be found in the calendar.
As far as possible, the Club aims to protect the welfare of all members engaged in training or competition activities. However, there are a few simple guidelines which should be followed at all times: –
- All club members must take personal responsibility for their own safety, whilst keeping a watchful eye on others running in the same group, particularly new members. Consideration should be given to others, including members of the public.
- You should report any problems encountered whilst running on training routes. For example, dangerous styles, damaged pavements, potholes, poor visibility etc.
- Members with any medical conditions should carry with them the relevant details of the condition and their name, address and emergency phone number contact details.
- Members should understand the value of wearing appropriate clothing for the time of the year and appropriate shoes for any variations in terrain. When running in the dark members must wear high visibility clothing.
- Groups should endeavour to stay together as much as possible. Group members are collectively responsible for ensuring ensure that no one individual gets left behind. If anyone decides to leave the group whilst out on the run, they must inform at least one other runner in that group.
- Each individual should take the time to ensure that they can cross roads safely, if required to do so. This may require you to stop running to make absolutely sure that there is no risk to you or your fellow runners.
- Any incidents should be reported to a club committee member for future reference, and for making known to all club members when appropriate.