Forthcoming Race Calendar for Juniors – at 14/11/18
- 18/11/18 – Garscube Schools XC (Maryhill Park)
- 24/11/18 – Dumbartonshire XC (Balloch)
- 24/11/18 – British Cross Challenge ( Liverpool ) by invitation only
- 8/12/18- Western District XC (Kilmarnock)
- 4/1/19 – Scottish Indoors 3000 (Emirates)
- 4/1/19 – Glasgow 12’s Fun Day & GAA Miler Meet (Emirates)
- 12/1/19- Scottish Inter Districts XC (Stirling) selcted athletes only
- 2/2/19- Scottish National U20 & U13 Indoor Champs (Emirates)
- 17/2/19 – Garscube Schools XC (Maryhill Park)
- 23/2/19 – National Cross Country (Falkirk) Please note this is the biggest XC race of the year for the club!
- 2/3/19 – SSAA Secondary Schools XC (Hopetoun House)
- 17/3/19 – Scottish Athletics Young Athletes (Royal Highland Centre)
Cross Country Race Information
• All athletes competing must be registered with Scottish Athletics. You can join or renew membership online
• All entries will be entered by the club but it is important that you let the Head Coach know before the closing date. All races have closing dates and no late entries will be accepted. We will need your Scottish Athletics membership code and date of birth for registration.
• Age categories for the cross country season are;
U11 – 1/9/2007 to 31/8/2009
U13 – 01/09/2005 to 31/08/2007
U15 – 01/09/2003 to 31/08/2005
U17 – 01/09/2001 to 31/08/2003
• Unfortunately a lot of winter races start at Under 13 and above.
• A relay event is made up of U13, U15 and U17 athletes.
• A club vest should be worn. If not please see the Head Coach or one can be purchased from Achilles Heel in Great Western Road.
• Spikes or trail shoes should be worn as most courses are run on grass.
• It’s a good idea to wear/bring plenty of warm clothing and a waterproof jacket. Wellingtons can be good to wear to walk the course prior to racing.
• Race numbers will be given out at the Garscube gazebo so make sure you are there in plenty of time.
• The Scottish Athletics Event calendar has more details of most of the races.