Junior Attendance Policy
- As a member of the club all Athletes will be expected to attend regularly. (1)
- Athletes should turn up fit and ready to run. Do not attend if unwell or have a pre-existing injury. (2)
- Athletes anticipating a period of non-attendance of over 3 calendar weeks must communicated this to the Junior Head Coach as soon as possible. (3)
- If athletes do not attend for 3 calendar weeks without communicating a good reason then it is likely that the club’s attendance policy will be triggered resulting in removal from the membership register.
- Removal from the register will result in membership being revoked without refund.
- Should Athletes be removed from the register and subsequently wish to rejoin they should follow the membership joining procedures. (4)
- Irregular attendance and/or frequent absence from training without communication of good cause may also result in the attendance policy being triggered. (5)
- A waiting list is now in place with a number of potentially keen athletes wanting to train and compete.
- Sessions can be busy. Having coaches and helpers attend to athletes with a pre-existing injury who come to training take up coaches and helpers time to the detriment of other athletes
- If there are valid and genuine reasons e.g. holidays, illness, injury etc for a lengthy non-attendance the club will accommodate this where it can but we need to know about it in advance so we can plan our sessions.
- This will result in the Athlete going back on the “waiting list”
- We now have a healthy waiting list and we need to be able to offer any vacant spaces in the packs to the waiting list. We need to monitor which athletes are no longer interested in attending the club regularly.