Garscube Harriers Coaching Strategy
One of Garscube’s key objectives is to ‘continually seek to improve performance and participation levels through coaching excellence’. We have created a coaching development strategy which sets out the steps we need to take as a club in order to achieve this within the framework of the club’s values and coaching philosophy, which are as follows:
- Be all you can be – we encourage athletes to be all they can be. Irrespective of ability or experience we want everyone to realise their potential.
- Value the vest – we have a proud history and we seek to celebrate the past and recognise the achievements of current and former members.
- Garscube 24/7 – Garscube is a friendly, welcoming and inclusive club. We are a family offering opportunities to train, race, coach, volunteer, spectate or socialise together throughout the year.
- We are committed to performance and coaching excellence.
- As a club, we are open to new ideas; we embrace the future.
The values set clear directions for the coaching philosophy, which guides coaching practice throughout the club.
- Be all you can be and Garscube 24/7 means that Garscube coaches provide high quality coaching addressing the technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of preparation necessary to allow all members to progress and be all they can be.
- The commitment to coaching excellence and openness to new ideas means that coaches’ unique contributions to the club are valued and supported through a learning culture which provides coaches with opportunities to develop the technical, tactical, physical and psychological knowledge they need to coach effectively and develop their own learning, to innovate and progress in their coaching.
Overall Strategic Coaching Goal
- To provide appropriate support to all coaches to enable them to deliver high quality coaching, which allows athletes at the junior and senior stages and at all levels of performance achieve their personal goals.
Our coaching strategy and its action plan can be downloaded to view in full.