What We Do
Garscube Harriers aim to inspire new and existing members to engage in a healthy approach to competition, providing an aspirational environment to personal achievements and team success. Garscube Harriers is a forward thinking club, unique in its developmental approach – it has something for everyone.
Senior sessions run on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7:00pm at Glasgow University Sport complex, Maryhill Road. Tuesday sessions focus on speed work while Thursday sessions focus on race pacing, tempo and time trials. Additional sessions are available on Monday nights and informal sessions at weekends. All sessions are pack-driven, ensuring that personal ability is matched to running with other runners of a similar level.
Potential members are invited to come along and try out a session for a few weeks before making a full commitment. You won’t be disappointed!
Junior sessions are open to those 9 years and over and also take place on Tuesday (6:15pm) and Thursday nights (7:00pm) at Glasgow University Sport complex, Maryhill Road. Tuesday sessions are designed to develop pace, speed, sprinting and racing skills.
All sessions are managed by experienced and qualified coaches.
What are the benefits of joining?
- The chance to meet like-minded people and improve your running!
- Structured coaching programme (developed in consultation with Olympic athlete Lynne MacDougall).
- Coach-led strength and conditioning programme.
- Free entry to some local, regional and national races.
- Bi-monthly talks and seminars from a range of experts.
- Event specific training lead by highly experienced qualified coaches.
- Training weekends held in some of Scotland’s most scenic locations along with a regular programme of social events and activities.
- Discount from our kit stockist Achilles Heel including access to club specific sale nights.
- Free car parking and showering facilities at Garscube Sports Complex on training nights.
- Marathon places – every year the club is given 2 guaranteed places at the London Marathon.